Mike at Digital Agency noticed this clever advert from Apple promoting bad press Windows Vista has received. Which prompted me to think about what features I like and dislike with the operating system. Check out the video if haven’t already seen it first.
- The new Start Menu - I like the way you search for applications and documents within the start menu.
- Snipping Tool - A simple tool makes my life a lot easier when it comes to screenshots.
- Printer - Setting up a printer general seems like an easier affair.
- User Friendliness - I suppose in area’s it a lot easier for the average joe to use, for long as they aren’t upset by the poor performance.
- I’m struggling to think of anymore.
- Sync Center is not scalable - A small client of ours has recently grown from 2 to 7 machines within a space of a year. Windows Sync has proved it is not a 100% fool proof. Maybe it will work better when we switch to a Domain environment in the new year. I’d like to keep this for the Laptop users.
- Control Panel Overload - If you switch to classic view the control panel is a complete nightmare.
- Visual Effects - Both Apple and Windows are behind on this front when you look at Ubuntu.
- Backup Software - Has had features removed so you can’t define just a directory to be backed up, no it has to be whole drive or nothing.
- Hardware Hog - I’ve purchased decent laptop with 2GB of RAM and dual processors, yet it still seems to take a day to boot up.
- Wireless Cards - I have had a couple of issues where Vista decides its going to forget the password for the wireless network.
- Shutdown - Far too many shutdown options for the end user to choose from.