Firefox 3

June 17, 2008

Download Day 2008

If you’ve not already installed Firefox 3 or even worst still, not even installed Firefox before (Web Browser) then today is the day to do so.

Related posts:

1. What are Firefox profiles?
  2. Which Firefox extensions would you pay money for?
  3. Internet Explorer 6
  4. Protecting Your Self Against Bad Web Sites
  5. Its happening…offline mode for browser based applications

Author: Support @ 12:00 pm
Tags:

9 Comments »

1. Unable to download as they are only accepting pledges!

Comment by Nicole Price — June 17, 2008 @ 4:40 pm

2. Nicole - I think its 18:00 GMT that the official launch goes live.

Jamie

Comment by Jamie — June 17, 2008 @ 4:41 pm

3. Is is only for one day? :( I am a huge firefox fan and was heartbroken when some IE virus got into my comp and refused to let me open Firefox. Well I shall try anyway.

Comment by Metaspring — June 18, 2008 @ 3:29 am

4. Downloaded and am very happy with it.

Comment by Nicole Price — June 19, 2008 @ 8:22 pm

5. I see now that the download was not just for a day, that download day was only an attempt to set the world record. :)

Comment by Metaspring — June 22, 2008 @ 5:21 am

6. Love the new Firefox. Extremely stable, and a lot less memory hungry - on Windows XP.

Have you had a chance to take it for a spin on your Macbook? I’ve heard it doesn’t feel native enough and is still a bit cluncky…

Comment by Puraz — June 25, 2008 @ 2:27 pm

7. Puraz - I’ve not had any problems with it. Running it on my Vista desktop too. I’m looking forward to Thunderbird 3 now.

Jamie

Comment by Terinea Weblog — June 25, 2008 @ 2:37 pm

8. Firefox achieved the record and have sent an acknowledgment to everyone who downloaded. I think that the mail of thanks also must be a record of sorts for a single mail going to so many people!

Comment by Nicole Price — July 4, 2008 @ 3:50 pm

9. I love Firefox and new Firefox is even better!

Comment by Metaspring — July 5, 2008 @ 11:28 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.