Over the last two weeks I have been busy with day to day business and refreshing our marketing material (promotional leaflet, banner stand and Website). So continuing my philosophy of blogging offline. I decided that one of the banner stands should offer free advice which can act as a talking point to potential customers.
So here are Terinea’s Top 10 Business Productivity Tips aimed at business owners:-
1. Company Email Address - Your emails will look more professional if they incorporate your
company name. (Yes, we still come across many businesses that use Hotmail and yahoo)
2. Open Source Software - Quality software, that’s free to use within your business.
3. Online Backup - Automatically backup your data to a secure offsite location.
4. Company Blog - This is a cost effective marketing tool that is becoming as influential as
5. Secure Password Database - Keep your passwords and settings in a secure encrypted database.
6. Disaster Recovery Plan - In the event of a disaster , you need a plan to get your business back up and running.
7. IT Support Relationship - Make sure you have a relationship with a local IT company that can advise you on the best IT solutions.
8. Do More With Your Mobile - If you’re out and about a lot, why not get your emails on your mobile, so you can react faster to your customers.
9. Online Applications - Calendars, Word Processors, Spreadsheets, Virtual Whiteboards - All running online and accessible from anywhere!
10. Shared Calendar & Contacts - A central location to share your contacts and calendar with your staff .
Extra - Social Networks* - Forget MySpace, Facebook has been the biggest thing this year and with Google to up the game with OpenSocial, you can bet social networks will become an important tool for businesses.
*For a number of reasons we didn’t put this tip on the banner, maybe next time when the sector has had a little time to mature.
Why didn’t you include..?
We chose items that are:-
- Aimed at SME’s (Small to Medium Enterprises)
- Measurable return on investment
- Fairly simple to implement
- Quick and effective
What are your top tips?
I would love to hear what top tips you would offer to potential customers to demonstrate your knowledge? It doesn’t have to be IT related either!